Through my SEO career, I had short episodes on public speaking (Poland, Germany, UK, Denmark).
- My first appearance on the stage was in Wrocław, Poland during an SEO Meetup.
I was speaking about quite geeky stuff (on why server log analysis is helpful at everyday SEO job).
- Then, I had a short episode at SMX Munich
In Munich, I took part in a debate on Amplified Mobile Pages (AMP) against Barry Adams. He is well known in the industry to have very strong views on AMP. Could you imagine a tougher opponent on this topic than Barry Adams 🙂 ?
As a fun story, Martin Split of Google told me “you fought well, Tomek”. Martin said he got asked by the organizers about taking part in the debate. Martin then replied: “no, not about AMP, not against Barry Adams” 🙂
The feedback I got was very motivational.
- “funny talk, good humor”
- “Fun, enjoyable presentation. The presenter is very knowledgeable in the subject.”
- “Really useful. Very funny jokes and slideshow, loved it.
4. Recently, I was a speaker at the Brighton SEO conference. It’s the most popular conference in the UK and one of the most popular conferences in the world.
You don’t need to be a native speaker to deliver speeches in the English language – I’m a perfect example – hard work and passion will bring you to huge stages while being not a native speaker. But I put a lot of effort into ensuring a presentation is full of knowledge.
Also, I am trying to make it funny. Sometimes it works. Sometimes… 🙂
If you want me speaking at your online event, please contact me.
Just DM me via Twitter or drop me a message 🙂
I’m also open for the SEO training. If your team needs help with this matter, contact me!